Southern Alberta Medical is a new health centre located in Medicine Hat, Alberta. We are a multidisciplinary medical specialty group practice providing comprehensive cardiac, respiratory, and general internal medicine services to southeastern Alberta and southwestern Saskatchewan. Key on-site services include consultation, cardiac stress testing, cardiac nuclear SPECT imaging, echocardiography, carotid ultrasound, electrocardiography, Holter monitor, ambulatory blood pressure monitor, pulmonary function testing, level 3 sleep study, CPAP, home oxygen, and comprehensive cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
Respiratory Therapists Job Description:
Details coming soon.
- 15,000 square-foot facility. Currently being newly renovated.
- 3000 square-foot clinic
- 13 patient examination rooms
- 8 physician consultation-dictation rooms
- 4500 square-foot diagnostic lab
- 5 exercise treadmills
- 1 cardiac nuclear SPECT gamma camera (capacity for 2 cameras)
- 4 echocardiography rooms
- 1 carotid ultrasound & vascular assessment room
- Holter monitoring
- Ambulatory BP monitoring
- Pulmonary function testing
- Level 3 sleep lab
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
- Home oxygen services
- 2500 square-foot comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation gym including: treadmills, upright and recumbent bicycles, ellipticals, rowing machines, resistance machines, and free weights
- 4000 square-foot administrative space
- 1000 square-foot onsite pharmacy
- Start date – March 1, 2020
- Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience
- Qualified candidates, please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com
The President and Board of Directors are developing a team of 30 members including cardiologists, respirologists, general internists, exercise treadmill technologists, nuclear medicine technologists, echocardiography technologists, respiratory therapists, exercise physiologists, medical office assistants, pharmacists, and administrative staff.
The City of Medicine Hat has a population of 70,000 people with a total catchment of 120,000 people in southeastern Alberta and southwestern Saskatchewan. The city strives to achieve its vision to be a ‘Community of Choice’; a place where people choose to live, work and play. Medicine Hat experiences the lowest combined tax rate in Canada. In addition, Medicine Hat is known as Canada’s sunniest city. The winters are warmer as Chinook winds keep humidity low with moderate winter temperatures. Medicine Hat has excellent recreation facilities for both indoor and outdoor activities.